The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 7 February 2023 – Blessings Of Joseph In Egypt
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
TOPIC: Blessings Of Joseph In Egypt
READ: Genesis 48: 1-12 (AMP)
- Some time after these things occurred, someone told Joseph, Behold, your father is sick. And he took with him his two sons, Manasseh and Ephraim [and went to Goshen].
- When Jacob was told, Your son Joseph has come to you, Israel collected his strength and sat up on the bed.
- And Jacob said to Joseph, God Almighty appeared to me at Luz [Bethel] in the land of Canaan and blessed me
- And said to me, Behold, I will make you fruitful and multiply you, and I will make you a multitude of people and will give this land to your descendants after you as an everlasting possession.
- And now your two sons, [Ephraim and Manasseh], who were born to you in the land of Egypt before I came to you in Egypt, are mine. [I am adopting them, and now] as Reuben and Simeon, [they] shall be mine.
- But other sons who may be born after them shall be your own; and they shall be called after the names of these [two] brothers and reckoned as belonging to them [when they come] into their inheritance.
- And as for me, when I came from Padan, Rachel died at my side in the land of Canaan on the way, when yet there was but a little way to come to Ephrath; and I buried her there on the way to Ephrath, that is, Bethlehem.
- When Israel [almost blind] saw Joseph’s sons, he said, Who are these?
- And Joseph said to his father, They are my sons, whom God has given me in this place. And he said, Bring them to me, I pray you, that I may bless them.
- Now Israel’s eyes were dim from age, so that he could not see. And Joseph brought them near to him, and he kissed and embraced them.
- Israel said to Joseph, I had not thought that I would see your face, but see, God has shown me your offspring also.
- Then Joseph took [the boys] from [his father’s embrace] and he bowed [before him] with his face to the earth.
Joseph was only a teenager when he was sold into Egypt, however, he grew to become a man in Egypt and married Pharaoh’s daughter (Genesis 41: 45),so that he would be more responsible. On hearing that his father was sick, Joseph went with his two sons, Manasseh and Ephraim to see him. Jacob related how God promised to bless him and his children and thereafter adopted Joseph’s two sons as his. As his father Jacob confessed, he never expected to see Joseph alive, but now he saw even Joseph’s children. He requested Joseph to bring them close for his blessing.
Christians should visit their parents regularly and be helpful to them. Every good and perfect gift comes from above. God blessed Joseph with two sons because He will show mercy to whom He will show mercy and have compassion on whom He will have compassion on (Romans 9:15). The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong (Ecclesiastes 9: 11).When God decides to bless someone, no one, no force and no power can stop it. God has a blessing for you today. That will be your portion in Jesus’ name. Amen.
PRAYER: Father; help me to count my blessings one by one and be surprised at what the Lord has done.