The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 29 January 2023 – Acceptable Worship
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
TOPIC: Acceptable Worship
READ: John 4:19-26 (AMP)
- The woman said to Him, Sir, I see and understand that You are a prophet.
- Our forefathers worshiped on this mountain, but you [Jews] say that Jerusalem is the place where it is necessary and proper to worship.
- Jesus said to her, Woman, believe Me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither [merely] in this mountain nor [merely] in Jerusalem.
- You [Samaritans] do not know what you are worshiping [you worship what you do not comprehend]. We do know what we are worshiping [we worship what we have knowledge of and understand], for [after all] salvation comes from [among] the Jews.
- A time will come, however, indeed it is already here, when the true (genuine) worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth (reality); for the Father is seeking just such people as these as His worshipers.
- God is a Spirit (a spiritual Being) and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth (reality).
- The woman said to Him, I know that Messiah is coming, He Who is called the Christ (the Anointed One); and when He arrives, He will tell us everything we need to know and make it clear to us.
- Jesus said to her, I Who now speak with you am He.
Just like many people today, the Samaritan woman worshipped in ignorance; she worshipped what she did not know (verse 22). Jesus told her that the time has come when people will worship the Father in spirit and in truth because God is Spirit and those who worship Him should do so in spirit and in truth. The woman mentioned about the coming of the Messiah and Jesus revealed Himself to her.
True worship must be God-centered through Jesus, as revealed in the Scripture (John 14:6). Despite the fact that the Samaritan woman was a sinner, Jesus out of love, still revealed Himself to her. Do not ever gamble with divine worship; else you will regret it eternally. No matter how far you have gone on the wrong road, you can still turn back to God. Do not worship God in error; it is better to worship Him with knowledge. Take the first step to get a personal knowledge of Christ. Through Him, you can worship God in Spirit and truth. You will be blessed by this revelation if you do so. From today, let the beauty of Jesus be seen in your life as you worship God in Spirit and truth.
PRAYER: Dear Jesus, come and reign in my life and lead me to render acceptable worship to God.