NgospelMedia.org is The No. 1 International Urban Gospel Media Website, The Largest Repository of Your Favorite Gospel Entertainment Website, Worldwide, Nigeria. We Published Latest Nigerian and Foreign Gospel Music Downloads, Videos; Lyrics, Artiste Biography, Daily Devotionals. NgospelMedia is mainly a Christian Website, as the Domain Name Speaks; Gospel; Which is also tagged as a Gospel On-line Ministry for Souls Winning...
Open Heaven For Teens 27 November 2022 – Freedom From Depression II
TOPIC: Freedom From Depression II [Open Heaven for Teens 27 November 2022]
MEMORISE: I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. John 14:18
READ: Psalms 40:1-5
- I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
- He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
- And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
- Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
- Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Peter 4:1-19, Ezekiel 38-39
I have realised that anyone can suffer from depression. I remember that some years ago, when I was already the General Overseer, the Church was growing but somehow, I felt that people didn’t care about me. I felt I was labouring in prayer and fasting for people who didn’t care, so, I decided to resign as the G.O. Shortly after making this decision, I took a nap and when I woke up, there was a young girl who had come to see me. She said God told her to bring me a cake. I was so touched by the gesture that even though I don’t normally eat cake, I ate that one. The Lord then said to me I thought you said no one cared. I realized that I had paid so much attention to appreciation from people that I didn’t remember how much God cares for and loves me.
As a child of God, when you feel depressed, you need to go deeper into the presence of God because you cannot be in His presence and experience depression (Psalms 16:11). His presence carries His love. To enter into His presence, worship Him. Psalms 100:4 says to enter into His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise. When you do this, your garment of heaviness will be replaced with that of joy according to Isaiah 61:3
Holy Spirit, please fill my heart with joy always
HYMN: O Worship The King
- O worship the King all glorious above,
O gratefully sing His power and His love:
our Shield and Defender, the Ancient of Days,
pavilioned in splendour and girded with praise.
- O tell of His might, O sing of His grace,
whose robe is the light, whose canopy space.
His chariots of wrath the deep thunderclouds form,
and dark is His path on the wings of the storm.
- Thy bountiful care, what tongue can recite?
It breathes in the air, it shines in the light;
It streams from the hills, it descends to the plain,
and sweetly distills in the dew and the rain.
- Frail children of dust, and feeble as frail,
in Thee do we trust, nor find Thee to fail.
Your mercies, how tender, how firm to the end,
our Maker, Defender, Redeemer, and Friend!
- O measureless Might, ineffable Love,
While angels delight to hymn Thee above!
The humbler creation, though feeble their lays,
with true adoration shall lisp to Thy praise!
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.