NgospelMedia.org is The No. 1 International Urban Gospel Media Website, The Largest Repository of Your Favorite Gospel Entertainment Website, Worldwide, Nigeria. We Published Latest Nigerian and Foreign Gospel Music Downloads, Videos; Lyrics, Artiste Biography, Daily Devotionals. NgospelMedia is mainly a Christian Website, as the Domain Name Speaks; Gospel; Which is also tagged as a Gospel On-line Ministry for Souls Winning...
Sharing is Caring:
The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 6 November 2022 – Walk By Faith, Not By Sight
TOPIC: Walk By Faith, Not By Sight
READ: 2 Corinthians 5:6-15 (NKJV)
- So [we are] always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord.
- For we walk by faith, not by sight.
- We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.
- Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him.
- For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things [done] in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
- Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences.
- For we do not commend ourselves again to you, but give you opportunity to boast on our behalf, that you may have [an answer] for those who boast in appearance and not in heart.
- For if we are beside ourselves, [it is] for God; or if we are of sound mind, [it is] for you.
- For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died;
- and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again.
Faith is essential in our walk with God. In today’s reading, Apostle Paul reminded the Corinthian brethren of the need to walk by faith and not by sight which connotes that they should not build their lives around things that do not have eternal significance; but live life day-by-day in light of eternal consequences (2 Corinthians 5:8-10). To walk in faith is to desist from pursuing the things the world pursues, and focusing on the unseen realities of the kingdom of God.
Also Read: Open Heaven 6 November 2022 – Why You Can Be Sure Of Victory I
When we walk by sight, we measure our lives by the standard of the world rather than the standard of God’s word. God expects Christians to have a daily experience of walking by faith and not by sight. This can be achieved when we fear God more than man, obey the Bible even when it conflicts with man’s commands, choose righteousness over sin, no matter what the cost, trust God in every circumstance and believe God rewards those who seek Him, regardless of who says otherwise. The society may live by the philosophy of our time which may be appealing to the sight, but those who walk by faith should be guided by God’s word.
PRAYER: O Lord, help me to walk by faith and not by sight in Jesus’ name.