NgospelMedia.org is The No. 1 International Urban Gospel Media Website, The Largest Repository of Your Favorite Gospel Entertainment Website, Worldwide, Nigeria. We Published Latest Nigerian and Foreign Gospel Music Downloads, Videos; Lyrics, Artiste Biography, Daily Devotionals. NgospelMedia is mainly a Christian Website, as the Domain Name Speaks; Gospel; Which is also tagged as a Gospel On-line Ministry for Souls Winning...
Sharing is Caring:
The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 8 November 2022 – God Comforts And Recompenses
TOPIC: God Comforts And Recompenses
READ: 2 Thessalonians 1:5-10 (NKJV)
- [which is] manifest evidence of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you also suffer;
- since [it is] a righteous thing with God to repay with tribulation those who trouble you,
- and to [give] you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels,
- in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,
- when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who believe, because our testimony among you was believed.
In yesterday’s reading, Apostle Paul commended the Thessalonian Church for their growth in faith, love for the brethren and resilience against persecutions and afflictions. In today’s reading, he encourages the Church to understand that their travail is a process that leads to their purification and eternal reward. There is a rest with the saints when Christ shall return.
He emphasises the direct relationship between glory and affliction, though unpopular. To many Church people today, godliness is a means of averting affliction and persecution! This is not true. In fact, Jesus Christ taught His disciples that all believers shall face persecution (John 15:20; 2 Tim. 3:12) in order to be counted worthy of the Kingdom of God. The purpose of affliction is to fit unholy people for the holy Kingdom of God. It is meant to purify them and refine their faith the way gold is refined through fire (1 Pet. 1:7). Only those who endure to the end shall enjoy the rest promised to believers. God deems it just to repay with tribulation those who afflict believers. Sooner than later, the afflicter (those who do not know God as well as those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ) will surely become the afflicted. They shall have no place in the Kingdom of God. Rejoice therefore, if you are passing through persecutions and afflictions for the sake of Christ, for your reward is great. God’s grace and peace are available for you (John 14:27).
Dear Lord, help me to run this heavenly race with patience and confidence that at the end I will be counted worthy of your Kingdom in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.