NgospelMedia.org is The No. 1 International Urban Gospel Media Website, The Largest Repository of Your Favorite Gospel Entertainment Website, Worldwide, Nigeria. We Published Latest Nigerian and Foreign Gospel Music Downloads, Videos; Lyrics, Artiste Biography, Daily Devotionals. NgospelMedia is mainly a Christian Website, as the Domain Name Speaks; Gospel; Which is also tagged as a Gospel On-line Ministry for Souls Winning...
Sharing is Caring:
The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 23 October 2022 – The Leading Of The Holy Spirit
TOPIC: The Leading Of The Holy Spirit
READ: Romans 8:12-17 (NKJV)
- Therefore, brethren, we are debtors — not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh.
- For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
- For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
- For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.”
- The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
- and if children, then heirs — heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with [Him,] that we may also be glorified together.
Also Read: Open Heaven 23 October 2022 – The Word V
Paul begins today’s passage by making a contrast between two ways of living, which consequently have two outcomes;
(1) To live according to the flesh, ends in death. (2) To live by the power of the Spirit leads to life (vv. 12-13). Paul also indicates that those who are led by the Spirit are ‘children of God’ (verse 14). The evidence of being children of God is the inner witness of the Holy Spirit who gives us boldness to call the name of God, “Abba, Father!” (verses 15 & 16). Verse 17 contains two conditional clauses;
(1) “If children of God”, then we are heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ.”
(2) “If we suffer with Christ, then we shall also be glorified with Him.” Christians are expected to live in the Spirit and be led by the same Spirit of God.
We should follow God’s direction as the Spirit instructs us on a daily basis. To do this, we must continually pray for the leading of the Holy Spirit as written in today’s Collect: Trinity XIX – “O God, for as much as without You, we may not be able to please You; mercifully grant that Your Holy Spirit may in all things direct and rule our hearts…” Amen. By so doing, the Spirit Himself would bear witness with our spirit that we are children of God (verse 16).
PRAYER: O Lord, help us to always follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, so that we may daily live in accordance with Your will in the name of Jesus. Amen.