NgospelMedia.org is The No. 1 International Urban Gospel Media Website, The Largest Repository of Your Favorite Gospel Entertainment Website, Worldwide, Nigeria. We Published Latest Nigerian and Foreign Gospel Music Downloads, Videos; Lyrics, Artiste Biography, Daily Devotionals. NgospelMedia is mainly a Christian Website, as the Domain Name Speaks; Gospel; Which is also tagged as a Gospel On-line Ministry for Souls Winning...
Open Heaven For Teens 29 October 2022 – The Power In Your Tongue
TOPIC: The Power In Your Tongue [Open Heaven for Teens 29 October 2022]
MEMORISE: Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong. Joel 3:10
READ: 2 Kings 4:18-37
- And when the child was grown, it fell on a day, that he went out to his father to the reapers.
- And he said unto his father, My head, my head. And he said to a lad, Carry him to his mother.
- And when he had taken him, and brought him to his mother, he sat on her knees till noon, and then died.
- And she went up, and laid him on the bed of the man of God, and shut the door upon him, and went out.
- And she called unto her husband, and said, Send me, I pray thee, one of the young men, and one of the asses, that I may run to the man of God, and come again.
- And he said, Wherefore wilt thou go to him to day? it is neither new moon, nor sabbath. And she said, It shall be well.
- Then she saddled an ass, and said to her servant, Drive, and go forward; slack not thy riding for me, except I bid thee.
- So she went and came unto the man of God to mount Carmel. And it came to pass, when the man of God saw her afar off, that he said to Gehazi his servant, Behold, yonder is that Shunammite:
- Run now, I pray thee, to meet her, and say unto her, Is it well with thee? is it well with thy husband? is it well with the child? And she answered, It is well:
- And when she came to the man of God to the hill, she caught him by the feet: but Gehazi came near to thrust her away. And the man of God said, Let her alone; for her soul is vexed within her: and the LORD hath hid it from me, and hath not told me.
- Then she said, Did I desire a son of my lord? did I not say, Do not deceive me?
- Then he said to Gehazi, Gird up thy loins, and take my staff in thine hand, and go thy way: if thou meet any man, salute him not; and if any salute thee, answer him not again: and lay my staff upon the face of the child.
- And the mother of the child said, As the LORD liveth, and as thy soul liveth, I will not leave thee. And he arose, and followed her.
- And Gehazi passed on before them, and laid the staff upon the face of the child; but there was neither voice, nor hearing. Wherefore he went again to meet him, and told him, saying, The child is not awaked.
- And when Elisha was come into the house, behold, the child was dead, and laid upon his bed.
- He went in therefore, and shut the door upon them twain, and prayed unto the LORD.
- And he went up, and lay upon the child, and put his mouth upon his mouth, and his eyes upon his eyes, and his hands upon his hands: and stretched himself upon the child; and the flesh of the child waxed warm.
- Then he returned, and walked in the house to and fro; and went up, and stretched himself upon him: and the child sneezed seven times, and the child opened his eyes.
- And he called Gehazi, and said, Call this Shunammite. So he called her. And when she was come in unto him, he said, Take up thy son.
- Then she went in, and fell at his feet, and bowed herself to the ground, and took up her son, and went out.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Timothy 3:1-17, Jeremiah 25-26
The Bible says the tongue, though small, is a most powerful part of the body (James 3:5 ). Its so powerful that it can set a whole nation apart. Unfortunately, many Christians, in spite of knowing this, still use their tongue in wrong ways. One of the wrong ways in which they use their tongues is saying negative things about and to themselves. I can’t imagine a person referring to himself/herself as a fool for making a mistake when the Bible says he who calls his/ her neighbour a fool is in danger of Hell.
Proverbs 18:21 says death and life are in the power of the tongue. Therefore, use your tongue to make life beautiful. If you have just failed a test or an examination, speak positively to yourself, say you are the head and not the tail, say you know better than your teachers; never say you’re a failure. Thereafter, study harder. When you are in any difficult situation, don’t say you are finished, say all will be well, like the Shunamite woman in our Bible text for today, say you will make it, say you are blessed and as you speak positively, your words will come alive and become a reality.
Spend some time to speak positive things into your life now.
HYMN: ‘Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus
- ‘Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take him at his word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
Just to know, “Thus saith the Lord.
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved him o’er and o’er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust him more!
- O how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
Just in simple faith to plunge me
’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!
- Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
just from sin and self to cease;
just from Jesus simply taking
life and rest, and joy and peace.
- I’m so glad I learn’d to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Saviour, Friend,
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.