NgospelMedia.org is The No. 1 International Urban Gospel Media Website, The Largest Repository of Your Favorite Gospel Entertainment Website, Worldwide, Nigeria. We Published Latest Nigerian and Foreign Gospel Music Downloads, Videos; Lyrics, Artiste Biography, Daily Devotionals. NgospelMedia is mainly a Christian Website, as the Domain Name Speaks; Gospel; Which is also tagged as a Gospel On-line Ministry for Souls Winning...
Sharing is Caring:
The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 30 October 2022 – Love: Hallmark Of Christian Unity
TOPIC — Love: Hallmark Of Christian Unity
READ: Ephesians 3:20-4:1-6 (NKJV)
- Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,
- to Him [be] glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
4:1. I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called,
- with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love,
- endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
- There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling;
- one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
- one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
In today’s bible passage, Paul encourages the believers at Ephesus to walk worthy of their calling.
It is possible to be engaged with more than one assignment or responsibility within the body of Christ but, it is another thing to demonstrate sincere love for one another. Unity within the fold may not be possible, and future hope for the body of Christ may not be realistic if we do not subject our personalities and ego to the Lordship of Christ, and embrace the love of God among brethren.
In Romans 12:9-11, Paul enjoins Christians to let love be shown to one another without hypocrisy but, rather honour one another, so as to discover their gifts and build a strong united family. What personal efforts are you making to ensure that genuine love stands in your fellowship among the brethren rather than the works of the flesh?
PRAYER: Grant me grace, O Lord, to show love to people, so that unity can reign in Your Church through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.