NgospelMedia.org is The No. 1 International Urban Gospel Media Website, The Largest Repository of Your Favorite Gospel Entertainment Website, Worldwide, Nigeria. We Published Latest Nigerian and Foreign Gospel Music Downloads, Videos; Lyrics, Artiste Biography, Daily Devotionals. NgospelMedia is mainly a Christian Website, as the Domain Name Speaks; Gospel; Which is also tagged as a Gospel On-line Ministry for Souls Winning...
The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 19 October 2022 – Restoration
READ: Isaiah 60:13-20 (NKJV)
- “The glory of Lebanon shall come to you, The cypress, the pine, and the box tree together, To beautify the place of My sanctuary; And I will make the place of My feet glorious.
- Also the sons of those who afflicted you Shall come bowing to you, And all those who despised you shall fall prostrate at the soles of your feet; And they shall call you The City of the LORD, Zion of the Holy One of Israel.
- ” Whereas you have been forsaken and hated, So that no one went through [you,] I will make you an eternal excellence, A joy of many generations.
- You shall drink the milk of the Gentiles, And milk the breast of kings; You shall know that I, the LORD, [am] your Savior And your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.
- ” Instead of bronze I will bring gold, Instead of iron I will bring silver, Instead of wood, bronze, And instead of stones, iron. I will also make your officers peace, And your magistrates righteousness.
- Violence shall no longer be heard in your land, Neither wasting nor destruction within your borders; But you shall call your walls Salvation, And your gates Praise.
- “The sun shall no longer be your light by day, Nor for brightness shall the moon give light to you; But the LORD will be to you an everlasting light, And your God your glory.
- Your sun shall no longer go down, Nor shall your moon withdraw itself; For the LORD will be your everlasting light, And the days of your mourning shall be ended.
Today’s passage discusses the restoration of Jerusalem which was struck in God’s anger. However, God promised to favour and have mercy on her (verse 10). God was saying that those who destroyed Jerusalem would come to her aid in reconstruction. In other words, mercy would replace wrath; her economy would be restored after which the city would be opened to receive others who would come to do business in it. By implication, the city that was once rejected, would become the focal point of interest. All these would happen because of the presence and work of the Redeemer. As they felt the presence of the Redeemer in in the city, wealth would replace poverty, justice would be restored, peace would reign among the citizens, righteousness would oversee all relationships and injustice would cease.
Also Read: Open Heaven 19 October 2022 – The Word I
It is important we note that all the promises here go beyond the literal city of Jerusalem to the contemporary Church. The presence of God in all situation brings restoration. Where the presence of God is not honoured, there is bound to be injustice, homosexuality, transgender marriages, bestiality, kidnapping, banditry, electoral violence, human sacrifice and unrighteousness. There is need for us as a Church and Nation to seek the face of God for total restoration.
PRAYER: O Lord our Restorer, let there be restoration in our land in Jesus name. Amen.