NgospelMedia.org is The No. 1 International Urban Gospel Media Website, The Largest Repository of Your Favorite Gospel Entertainment Website, Worldwide, Nigeria. We Published Latest Nigerian and Foreign Gospel Music Downloads, Videos; Lyrics, Artiste Biography, Daily Devotionals. NgospelMedia is mainly a Christian Website, as the Domain Name Speaks; Gospel; Which is also tagged as a Gospel On-line Ministry for Souls Winning...
Sharing is Caring:
The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 16 October 2022 – Love In Action
TOPIC: Love In Action
READ: 1 John 4:18-5:1-5 (NKJV)
- There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.
- We love Him because He first loved us.
- If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?
- And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God [must] love his brother also.
- Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves him who is begotten of Him.
John, in today’s lesson, dwells on fear. This fear which he speaks of is not the reverential fear by which Christians have deep respect for God. Rather he speaks of the fear of vengeful masters who seek to punish with a whip. But, those who willingly obey God do not fear Him as an angry God who seeks to punish, but rather fear Him as a loving Father who seeks to save the obedient. So, those who complete God’s love through their loving response need not fear the punishment that God has reserved for the disobedient. In actual fact, obedient love casts out fear of retribution from God. Therefore, one’s knowledge of God’s love by which led Him to offer Jesus Christ as an atonement for human sins on the cross must stimulate a loving response to God.
Again, what John speaks about is the love that acts; that is, there should be no inactive love in one’s relationship with God. The love by which God loves us, if it does not stimulate love of our brothers, cannot claim to come from God; that is, one cannot claim to love God without loving his brother. Brethren, no one claims to love God and hate his brother. Love is not in word or being a Church worker. It should reflect in our dealings with people around us; that is, those who come in contact with us. Note, no matter the level of love you show to people, it cannot compare with the love God has shown to us. The scripture establishes that it is God who first loved us (verse 19). Don’t forget what Jesus said, “For I was hungry and you gave Me food; …” (Matthew 25:35-44). It is expected you show love to all.
PRAYER: Lord, give me the grace to always display Your love at all times. Amen.