NgospelMedia.org is The No. 1 International Urban Gospel Media Website, The Largest Repository of Your Favorite Gospel Entertainment Website, Worldwide, Nigeria. We Published Latest Nigerian and Foreign Gospel Music Downloads, Videos; Lyrics, Artiste Biography, Daily Devotionals. NgospelMedia is mainly a Christian Website, as the Domain Name Speaks; Gospel; Which is also tagged as a Gospel On-line Ministry for Souls Winning...
The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 10 October 2022 – Be A Burden Bearer
TOPIC: Be A Burden Bearer
READ: Romans 15:1-13 (NKJV)
- We then who are strong ought to bear with the scruples of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
- Let each of us please [his] neighbor for [his] good, leading to edification.
- For even Christ did not please Himself; but as it is written, “The reproaches of those who reproached You fell on Me.”
- For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.
- Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus,
- that you may with one mind [and] one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Therefore receive one another, just as Christ also received us, to the glory of God.
- Now I say that Jesus Christ has become a servant to the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises [made] to the fathers,
- and that the Gentiles might glorify God for [His] mercy, as it is written: “For this reason I will confess to You among the Gentiles, And sing to Your name.”
- And again he says: “Rejoice, O Gentiles, with His people!”
- And again: “Praise the LORD, all you Gentiles! Laud Him, all you peoples!”
- And again, Isaiah says: “There shall be a root of Jesse; And He who shall rise to reign over the Gentiles, In Him the Gentiles shall hope.”
- Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirut.
To be kind in our passage today, Paul admonished those who were strong among the Roman Christians to bear with the failings of those who were weak and to work to build up themselves in the interest of unity and Christlikeness. He pleaded with them to accept one another the same way Christ accepted them. He also emphasised that Christ did not work to please Himself but God. He wanted them to serve and glorify God with one heart. Roman Christians were made up of Jews and Gentiles who had different backgrounds and convictions, hence the disputations about eating, drinking and observation of days.
Like the Roman Church in Paul’s days, our Churches today are filled with people of different backgrounds and convictions, people with different levels of spiritual maturity and experience, people with different levels of exposure and education. Since it has never happened that everybody can be at the same spiritual level and stature, it is important that we strive towards unity and Christlikeness by enduring and bearing with one another in love. How far can you bear with your brother’s failings without being judgmental? How many brethren have you been of assistance to, by showing Christ’s love without looking down on them? Jesus Christ is the perfect model. Dare to be a burden bearer!
PRAYER: O Lord, grant me grace to have a large heart and care for others as Jesus did. Amen.