NgospelMedia.org is The No. 1 International Urban Gospel Media Website, The Largest Repository of Your Favorite Gospel Entertainment Website, Worldwide, Nigeria. We Published Latest Nigerian and Foreign Gospel Music Downloads, Videos; Lyrics, Artiste Biography, Daily Devotionals. NgospelMedia is mainly a Christian Website, as the Domain Name Speaks; Gospel; Which is also tagged as a Gospel On-line Ministry for Souls Winning...
The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 7 October 2022 – Love: The Only Debt We Owe Everyone
TOPIC – Love: The Only Debt We Owe Everyone
READ: Romans 13:8-14 (NKJV)
- Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
- For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not bear false witness,” “You shall not covet,” and if [there is] any other commandment, are [all] summed up in this saying, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
- Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love [is] the fulfillment of the law.
- And [do] this, knowing the time, that now [it is] high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation [is] nearer than when we [first] believed.
- The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.
- Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy.
- But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to [fulfill its] lusts.
The passage today lays emphasis against Christian indebtedness. However, the burden to show love should be a constant debt to pay all who we come in contact or have relationship with daily. This, according to the passage, summarises the fulfilment or keeping of the commandments (Matthe. 22:39). It reveals the new law and example of Jesus (John 13:34; 15:12). It also awakens the minds of Christians to the limited time we have to practise brotherly love in all our relationship and daily interactions.
It is absolutely compulsory for all who claim to obey God to truly love their neighbours. Jesus, using Himself as an example, teaches that whoever believes in Him must evidently love everyone around them. We are challenged to keep our lives pure and free from sin by embracing sincere love for humanity. Do we truly love the people around us? We have very limited time to the break of the Final Day; therefore, it is time to stir our lives to love and avoid all traces of indebtedness resulting from hatred.
PRAYER: Love one another as Jesus loves.