NgospelMedia.org is The No. 1 International Urban Gospel Media Website, The Largest Repository of Your Favorite Gospel Entertainment Website, Worldwide, Nigeria. We Published Latest Nigerian and Foreign Gospel Music Downloads, Videos; Lyrics, Artiste Biography, Daily Devotionals. NgospelMedia is mainly a Christian Website, as the Domain Name Speaks; Gospel; Which is also tagged as a Gospel On-line Ministry for Souls Winning...
Sharing is Caring:
The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 5 October 2022 – Spiritual Gifts For Church Growth
TOPIC: Spiritual Gifts For Church Growth
READ: Romans 12:3-21 (NKJV)
- For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think [of himself] more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.
- For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same function,
- so we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another.
- Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, [let us use them:] if prophecy, [let us prophesy] in proportion to our faith;
- or ministry, [let us use it] in [our] ministering; he who teaches, in teaching;
- he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.
- [Let] love [be] without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good.
- [Be] kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another;
- not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord;
- rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;
- distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.
- Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.
- Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.
- Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
- Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.
- If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.
- Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but [rather] give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance [is] Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.
- Therefore “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.”
- Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Paul lists what can be called the gifts of grace which are rooted in the power given by God to each believer to fulfil various ministries in the Church. They are inward desires as well as enablement given by the Holy Spirit to individual believers in order to build up the people of God and express God’s love to others. Since the gifts come from God, there can be no basis for considering oneself higher than others or portraying a ‘holier-than-thou’ attitude. Paul likens Christians to parts of a human body: There are many members and each member has a different function. One’s primary gift does not exclude the exercise of any other gifts as the need may arise. What kind of spiritual gift do you possess? How are you using it for the growth of the Church? (Ephesians 4:12).
As devoted Christians, we must be devoted to one another as brothers and sisters in Christ with a sincere, kind, and tender affection. Christians have a social responsibility to one another (verse 13). We should be concerned about other believers’ welfare, needs and spiritual conditions, sympathising with them, and helping them in their sorrows and troubles. We must be eager to respect and honour the good qualities in other believers. Caring and sharing enhance Church growth, spiritually, numerically, and financially.
PRAYER: Can you remember ever helping any Christian in need?