NgospelMedia.org is The No. 1 International Urban Gospel Media Website, The Largest Repository of Your Favorite Gospel Entertainment Website, Worldwide, Nigeria. We Published Latest Nigerian and Foreign Gospel Music Downloads, Videos; Lyrics, Artiste Biography, Daily Devotionals. NgospelMedia is mainly a Christian Website, as the Domain Name Speaks; Gospel; Which is also tagged as a Gospel On-line Ministry for Souls Winning...
Open Heaven For Teens 19 September 2022 – The Obedient Son
TOPIC: The Obedient Son [Open Heaven for Teens 19 September 2022]
MEMORISE: Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; Hebrews 5:8
READ: Philippians 2:6-12
- Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
- But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
- And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
- Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
- That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
- And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
- Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Corinthians 11:1-33, Ecclesiastes 7-9
Imagine that you are a very wealthy philanthropist I and in spite of your fame and economic power, you are required to kneel to a poor man to get something done for you. This is what Jesus did. His obedience to His parents is a challenge to everyone today, particularly teenagers who feel they have arrived or achieved something and don’t need to revere or obey anyone. Did you know that His parents were poor, uneducated and “old school”, yet He was subject unto them (Luke 2:51)?
Again, when Jesus was tried by Pilate, He could have spoken for Himself, yet He did not. When He was crucified, He could have called on legions of angels just to show how powerful He is, yet He did not. He was humble to the point of death. Unfortunately, these days, you see young people who have no power or achievement, raise their shoulders and talk to people anyhow, including those older than they are. If I were you, I would learn from Jesus who had everything, yet was humble to both His earthly and Heavenly Parents. His reward is what we can see in our Bible text for today.
No matter how smart, skilled, experienced or spiritual you are, obey your parents.
HYMN: ‘Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus
- ‘Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take him at his word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
Just to know, “Thus saith the Lord.
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved him o’er and o’er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust him more!
- O how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
Just in simple faith to plunge me
’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!
- Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
just from sin and self to cease;
just from Jesus simply taking
life and rest, and joy and peace.
- I’m so glad I learn’d to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Saviour, Friend,
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.