NgospelMedia.org is The No. 1 International Urban Gospel Media Website, The Largest Repository of Your Favorite Gospel Entertainment Website, Worldwide, Nigeria. We Published Latest Nigerian and Foreign Gospel Music Downloads, Videos; Lyrics, Artiste Biography, Daily Devotionals. NgospelMedia is mainly a Christian Website, as the Domain Name Speaks; Gospel; Which is also tagged as a Gospel On-line Ministry for Souls Winning...
The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 10 September 2022 – Belief And Confession
TOPIC: Belief And Confession
READ: Romans 10:1-11 (NKJV)
- Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved.
- For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge.
- For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God.
- For Christ [is] the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
- For Moses writes about the righteousness which is of the law, “The man who does those things shall live by them.”
- But the righteousness of faith speaks in this way, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’ ” (that is, to bring Christ down [from above)]
- or, ” ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’ ” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).
- But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach):
- that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
- For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
- For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”
The Patriarch – Abraham – was counted as righteous before God not for any works of righteousness initially done by Him. He was counted so by God for simply believing Him (Romans 4:3). The belief in God starts with the heart. As soon as the heart believes with deep conviction, the transformation begins and transcends the entire system by the power of the Holy Spirit. The genuine confession by the word of mouth is a sign of total acceptance and surrender to the will of the Master, hence it leads to salvation. A person’s mouth communicates the true conviction and attitude of his heart.
The implication is that a Christian who has believed in the Lord Jesus must not only live for Him, but must also tell others about Him. Denying Jesus could also mean lacking the conviction to confess Him before men. Are you a Christian? Do you believe in Jesus with your heart? The circuit is not complete until you confess Him both in secret and open as the Lord and Saviour.
PRAYER: Father, having believed that Jesus is my Lord, grant me the boldness to confess Him as so.