NgospelMedia.org is The No. 1 International Urban Gospel Media Website, The Largest Repository of Your Favorite Gospel Entertainment Website, Worldwide, Nigeria. We Published Latest Nigerian and Foreign Gospel Music Downloads, Videos; Lyrics, Artiste Biography, Daily Devotionals. NgospelMedia is mainly a Christian Website, as the Domain Name Speaks; Gospel; Which is also tagged as a Gospel On-line Ministry for Souls Winning...
Sharing is Caring:
Open Heaven For Teens 29 August 2022 – The Good Friend
TOPIC: The Good Friend [Open Heaven for Teens 29 August 2022]
MEMORISE: Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Also Read: Open Heaven 29 August 2022 – Sealed?
READ: 2 Samuel 13:1-8
- And it came to pass after this, that Absalom the son of David had a fair sister, whose name was Tamar; and Amnon the son of David loved her.
- And Amnon was so vexed, that he fell sick for his sister Tamar; for she was a virgin; and Amnon thought it hard for him to do anything to her.
- But Amnon had a friend, whose name was Jonadab, the son of Shimeah David’s brother: and Jonadab was a very subtil man.
- And he said unto him, Why art thou, being the king’s son, lean from day to day? wilt thou not tell me? And Amnon said unto him, I love Tamar, my brother Absalom’s sister.
- And Jonadab said unto him, Lay thee down on thy bed, and make thyself sick: and when thy father cometh to see thee, say unto him, I pray thee, let my sister Tamar come, and give me meat, and dress the meat in my sight, that I may see it, and eat it at her hand.
- So Amnon lay down, and made himself sick: and when the king was come to see him, Amnon said unto the king, I pray thee, let Tamar my sister come, and make me a couple of cakes in my sight, that I may eat at her hand.
- Then David sent home to Tamar, saying, Go now to thy brother Amnon’s house, and dress him meat.
- So Tamar went to her brother Amnon’s house; and he was laid down. And she took flour, and kneaded it, and made cakes in his sight, and did bake the cakes.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Corinthians 10:1-33, Psalms 139-141
Yesterday, we considered some qualities that you should watch out for while choosing a friend. In addition to those qualities, make sure that you make friends with someone who can correct you when you are wrong and vice versa. We will consider two friends in this regard: Jonadab and Jesus Christ. In our Bible reading for today, Amnon wanted to have sex with his sister, Tamar. Jonadab, his friend helped him to achieve his evil plan rather than correct him. Jesus on the other hand, prayed for Peter, His friend whom He knew would deny Him thrice before the cock crew after His arrest (Luke 22:31-34 ). Jesus also rebuked John who cut off the ear of one of the soldiers who arrested Him. He never left His friends; even when He had finished His ministry on earth, He sent the Comforter to them.
Today, He is still the best friend ever. If you make Him your number one friend from today, He would not only take care of you, He would help you to choose good friends and also make you a good friend in turn.
Make Jesus your BFF and you would have no regret.
HYMN: ‘Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus
- ‘Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take him at his word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
Just to know, “Thus saith the Lord.
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved him o’er and o’er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust him more!
- O how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
Just in simple faith to plunge me
’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!
- Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
just from sin and self to cease;
just from Jesus simply taking
life and rest, and joy and peace.
- I’m so glad I learn’d to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Saviour, Friend,
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.