NgospelMedia.org is The No. 1 International Urban Gospel Media Website, The Largest Repository of Your Favorite Gospel Entertainment Website, Worldwide, Nigeria. We Published Latest Nigerian and Foreign Gospel Music Downloads, Videos; Lyrics, Artiste Biography, Daily Devotionals. NgospelMedia is mainly a Christian Website, as the Domain Name Speaks; Gospel; Which is also tagged as a Gospel On-line Ministry for Souls Winning...
Sharing is Caring:
The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 3 September 2022 – Justified And Set Free
TOPIC: Justified And Set Free
TEXT: Romans 8:1 – 17 (NKJV)
- [There is] therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
- For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
- For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God [did] by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
- that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
- For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those [who live] according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
- For to be carnally minded [is] death, but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace.
- Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
- So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
- But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.
- And if Christ [is] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin, but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness.
- But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
- Therefore, brethren, we are debtors — not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh.
- For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
- For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
- For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.”
- The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
- and if children, then heirs — heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with [Him,] that we may also be glorified together.
I know of a man who was convicted of a criminal offence by a court of competent jurisdiction and consequently sentenced to five years imprisonment. He had barely started serving his sentence when an appropriate authority according to the law, granted him state pardon. By that pardon, he became as clean as he was before the court sentence and was not to be referred to as ex-convict as far as that offence was concerned. The Scripture declares that there is no condemnation for anyone who is in Christ Jesus, no matter the gravity of sin he had committed.
The difference between the state pardon and the one Jesus grants to those who receive Him is that Jesus leaves His Spirit with any person whom He justifies. The Spirit quickens and strengthens the person against the law of sin and death. Have you given your life to Christ genuinely, but from time to time the devil reminds you of who you were? Do not allow self-condemnation to keep you down. You have not only been justified but set free from the power of sin and its consequences.
PRAYER: I am justified in Christ Jesus, and set free from the power of sin.