NgospelMedia.org is The No. 1 International Urban Gospel Media Website, The Largest Repository of Your Favorite Gospel Entertainment Website, Worldwide, Nigeria. We Published Latest Nigerian and Foreign Gospel Music Downloads, Videos; Lyrics, Artiste Biography, Daily Devotionals. NgospelMedia is mainly a Christian Website, as the Domain Name Speaks; Gospel; Which is also tagged as a Gospel On-line Ministry for Souls Winning...
The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 17 August 2022 – Call To Separation And Consecration
TOPIC: Call To Separation And Consecration
TEXT: 2 Corinthians 6:11-18 (NKJV)
- O Corinthians! We have spoken openly to you, our heart is wide open.
- You are not restricted by us, but you are restricted by your [own] affections.
- Now in return for the same (I speak as to children), you also be open.
- Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?
- And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?
- And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will dwell in them And walk among [them.] I will be their God, And they shall be My people.”
- Therefore “Come out from among them And be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, And I will receive you.”
- “I will be a Father to you, And you shall be My sons and daughters, Says the LORD Almighty.”
Our passage today informs us that we are called as Christians to sincerely separate ourselves from the filthy things of this world and to completely consecrate our lives to God almighty. Paul was appealing to the Christians at Corinth, having accepted the message of salvation, that it was important for them to get themselves off all manner of things or activities that can affect or destroy their new relationship with God. He gave a list of questions to reinforce his point: How can righteousness be a partner with wickedness? How can light live with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and the devil? How can a believer be a partner with an unbeliever?
What union can there be between God’s temple and idols? As Christians, it is expected of us to separate our works, life, speech and undertakings from things that can destroy our salvation. We must never allow the temporal things of this world to take us off the track of our journey to heaven. We need to absolutely consecrate our lives to God. Then He will continue to be our Father and we will be genuine sons and daughters to Him.
PRAYER: Father, teach me to live a separated and consecrated life for You through Jesus Christ our Saviour. Amen.