NgospelMedia.org is The No. 1 International Urban Gospel Media Website, The Largest Repository of Your Favorite Gospel Entertainment Website, Worldwide, Nigeria. We Published Latest Nigerian and Foreign Gospel Music Downloads, Videos; Lyrics, Artiste Biography, Daily Devotionals. NgospelMedia is mainly a Christian Website, as the Domain Name Speaks; Gospel; Which is also tagged as a Gospel On-line Ministry for Souls Winning...
The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 7 August 2022 – Seek Protection In Jesus
TOPIC: Seek Protection In Jesus
TEXT: Ephesians 6:10-20 (NKJV)
- Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
- Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
- For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual [hosts] of wickedness in the heavenly [places.]
- Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
- Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
- and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
- above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.
- And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
- praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints —
- and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel,
- for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
It is not a fallacy that security in the world today has failed and evil is rising by the day. Apart from physical security issues around us every day, Paul identified other forces we contend with in Ephesians 6:11: Principalities, powers, rulers of darkness of the world and spiritual wickedness in high places. The physical evil we see happening everyday are works of these unseen forces. Christians are advised to come under the armour of God to stand against the schemes of the devil. Our battles are beyond the physical. The intensity of the forces that rise against us invites the need for the full (total) armour of God as listed by Paul: Belt of truth, breastplate of righteousness, Gospel of peace, shield of faith, helmet of salvation and above all, the word of God.
The whole armour of God therefore is Jesus. Jesus Christ is the only potent protection against all evil powers in the world. In Matthew 28:18, Jesus affirms He has all authority on earth and in heaven. Handing over your life to Him automatically puts you under His armour; in Him, you have eternal security. The knowledge of His word as you study daily, increases your immunity and protection against evil.
PRAYER: Lord Jesus, I submit myself to you today, all I am and have, I keep in You, build around me your eternal security.