Anglican Devotional 30 July 2022 – Life Is Governed By Rules And Regulations
The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 30 July 2022 – Life Is Governed By Rules And Regulations
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
TOPIC: Life Is Governed By Rules And Regulations
TEXT: Exodus 21:32-36 (NKJV)
- “If the ox gores a male or female servant, he shall give to their master thirty shekels of silver, and the ox shall be stoned.
- ” And if a man opens a pit, or if a man digs a pit and does not cover it, and an ox or a donkey falls in it,
- “the owner of the pit shall make [it] good; he shall give money to their owner, but the dead [animal] shall be his.
- ” If one man’s ox hurts another’s, so that it dies, then they shall sell the live ox and divide the money from it; and the dead [ox] they shall also divide.
- “Or if it was known that the ox tended to thrust in time past, and its owner has not kept it confined, he shall surely pay ox for ox, and the dead animal shall be his own.
Today’s text confirms that laws and regulations are essential for harmonious living. The law is God’s standard to regulate the conduct and activities of believers and as well measure their levels of obedience. Breaking God’s laws brings death (Genesis 2:15-17). Laws and regulations keep the society safe and make it free from conflicts and social vices.
The laws of the land and the laws of God work together to achieve the same goal: Safety of life and property. God gave the people of Israel rules and regulations so they could live peaceably with one another. The summary of the whole law as given by the Lord Jesus Christ is to love God with the whole of our hearts and our neighbours as ourselves. Beloved, if we love God, we will keep his commandments and take responsibility not to hurt our fellow man, or allow his belongings to be destroyed (verses 33-34). The crises we experience today in Nigeria result from lawlessness. Terrorists and bandits have ravaged our societies.
Our laws are ineffective in dealing with corruption, especially in government business.
The only solution to our predicament is total obedience to God’s laws (Isaiah 1:19 & Deuteronomy 28:1-2). The Scripture has capacity to illuminate our lives, transform our minds, safeguard our destinies and guarantee our safety here on earth and hereafter, if we read and carefully obey what is written therein.
PRAYER: Dear Lord, help me to be obedient to Your laws, so that all Your promises will be fulfilled in my life, in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.