Open Heaven For Teens 30 July 2022: Not Ordinary Hands
Click HERE for Previous Open Heaven Devotional for Teens
TOPIC: Not Ordinary Hands [Open Heaven for Teens 30 July 2022]
MEMORISE: The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD. Proverbs 21:31
Also Read: Open Heaven 30 July 2022 – Until Your Joy Be Full II
READ: Exodus 17:8-13
- Then came Amalek, and fought with Israel in Rephidim.
- And Moses said unto Joshua, Choose us out men, and go out, fight with Amalek: to morrow I will stand on the top of the hill with the rod of God in mine hand.
- So Joshua did as Moses had said to him, and fought with Amalek: and Moses, Aaron, and Hur went up to the top of the hill.
- And it came to pass, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed: and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed.
- But Moses hands were heavy; and they took a stone, and put it under him, and he sat thereon; and Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.
- And Joshua discomfited Amalek and his people with the edge of the sword.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Acts 28:16-31, Psalms 59-61
Throughout the Bible, God did spectacular things by the hands of his servants. For example, when the children of Israel were chased by the Egyptian soldiers to the Red Sea, God asked Moses to lift his hands and the sea parted into two. Also, during the battle between the Israelites and Amalekites, Moses raised hands determined the victory of the children of Israel. We can see that Moses hands became extraordinary the moment he surrendered to the Lord to be the vessel that led Gods children out of captivity.
Are you ready for God to put your hands in His? Last year, God told me to tell His children that as long as their hands were raised to Him, they would continue winning. This invariably shows how particular God is about backing up those who surrender all to Him. Psalms 20:7 says “Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; but we will remember the name of the Lord our God”. When you raise your hands to God, you are simply saying, “Lord, I surrender all to You”. It also means you depend on Him despite your ability, effort and intellect. I can assure you that your victory is certain.
Father, I surrender my all to You today. Please take my hand in Yours.
HYMN: I Am Thine O Lord
- I am Thine, O Lord,
I have heard Thy voice,
And it told Thy love to me;
But I long to rise
in the arms of faith
And be closer drawn to Thee.
Draw me nearer,
nearer blessed Lord,
To the cross where Thou hast died;
Draw me nearer,
nearer, nearer blessed Lord,
To Thy precious, bleeding side.
- Consecrate me now to
Thy service, Lord,
By the pow’r of grace divine;
Let my soul look up
with a steadfast hope,
And my will be lost in Thine.
- Oh, the pure delight
of a single hour
That before Thy throne I spend,
When I kneel in prayer,
and with Thee, my God
I commune as friend with friend!
- There are depths of love
that I cannot know
Till I cross the narrow sea;
There are heights of joy
that I may not reach
Till I rest in peace with Thee.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.